ISEE & SSAT Prep
ivyGoal每年都会送很多孩子进入美国最好的一些私立中学。比如： Harker, Menlo School, Castilleja, Crystal Spring, Nueva, Sacred Heart at Atherton, Pinewood...
ivyGoal ISEE & SSAT特点?
- 巨大的题库。市场上现有的练习一般都是２０－４０道单词近义词和填空练习。ivyGoal 有近2000多道题。
ISEE / SSAT Test Prep for 5-8th Grade English Only
|ISEE / SSAT||3 - Unit 18 on 8/10, Teacher: Nick, Adam, New Class, Starting on 9/1||TTh||7:10-8:00pm||$399|
- ISEE / SSAT Verbal (join code: CE4JLJ)
- If you do not have a Canvas account with ivyGoal,
- please create a free Canvas account: https://canvas.instructure.com/register
- Use the join code after the test title.
- If you already have a Canvas account with ivyGoal, please simply click on the course title.
Teachers: Nick Ni and ivyGoal's highly regarded test prep teachers in the bay area and have taught thousands of students.
Homework: Students are expected to complete 1-3 hours of homework per week in order to successfully complete the course.
Lesson Instruction: students will log into ivyGoal’s Zoom online classroom and study with us by following ivyGoal’s rigorous program.
Registration: students need to register the class on a monthly base. After each month, parents can decide if you want your child to continue. The class will end in January, which is time for the last ISEE / SSAT test.
Vocabulary Skills Covered:
- Filling the blank.
- Parts of speech.
- Process of elimination.
Vocabulary Words Samples:
- albeit, granted (that), nonetheless, notwithstanding, lest, conversely, thereupon, thus,
- detain, perceive, revitalize, cohesive, futile, convex, repulsive, assemble, compel, literal
- tangible, abhor, dejection, illiteracy, compassion, alleviate, sleek, remorse, prolific, climax
- meticulous, voyage, trajectory, akin to, slated to, sinister, ponder, cluster, ponder, multifacet,
- detrimental, impair, introspection, preordained, pertinent, undermine, tribute, induce, deduce,
- discern, deleterious, context, phantom, pilgrim, behold, referent, susceptible, indifference,
- reprimand, altruism, eminent, extrovert, pensive, persevere, plausible, cynicism, intrinsic,
- ardent, eminent, adhere, encompass, refute, reign, ransack, poised, condone, elusive, contrive,
Reading Skills Covered:
- Deploying different reading skills for different types of reading passages.
- What to read and what to skip or skim.
- How to identify the main idea.
- How to decipher an author's purpose.
- How to perform deductive reasoning.
- How to apply grammar skills to improve reading comprehension.
- How to become an active reader vs a passive reader.
- 10 mock tests will be assigned to students to practice and to be reviewed in class.