Math Education Challenges in America
Chinese children’s mathematics education in the United States and Canada has always been a headache for parents. According to the world's authoritative organization - OECD.org 2012 assessment, Chinese students ranked first in the world, while US students ranked #36. In order to help children in North America improve their math skills and become competitive talents on the world platform in the future, ivyGoal has launched the Chinese Math program; this course is based on American Common Core standards, while simultaneously teaching students advanced Chinese skills and methods.
According to OECD 2012 world student math skill analysis, Chinese students' math scores ranked #1 in the world, substantially higher than #2 Singapore and the rest of the world. Here is the ranking info and link: https://www.oecd.org/unitedstates/pisa-2012-result-us
ivyGoal Math Designed To Resolve The Math Education Deficiency
Based on the Common Core standard
Chinese method - students will be trained to develop math skills including speed, accuracy, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving with variables starting from the third grade.
Guarantee of progress - ensure that students will improve at least one grade in mathematics after 40 units of tutoring for 2nd-8th grades.
IvyGoal Math Course Description
Mathematics education in the United States and Canada has always been a headache for parents. ivyGoal's Math program is based on American Common Core standards, while simultaneously teaching students advanced Chinese skills and methods.
Computation Skill Covered:
- 14/25 - 13/50 = ?
- 193 + (-547) = ?
- 2/3 - 1/8 × 3 - 1/6 = ?
- Please use LCM table to find the answer: 6/8+2/10 = ?
- 7 × -23 - (-91) = ?
Word Problem Skills Covered:
- Variable Application: Jim had a brief lunch break today. He wanted to buy a burger for lunch. He waited in line for h hour(s). He finished his meal in 9/14 of an hour in the restaurant, which is 3/8 of an hour longer than the time he spent waiting in line. Please find the value of h.
- A successful bakery made $1,000 dollars in profit this month. The bakery earned 3/6 of the total profit by selling donuts and 9/27 of the total profit by selling coffee. What fraction of the total profit did the bakery earn by selling coffee and donuts?
Write an expression with the LCM as the denominator:
- Students will learn with ivyGoal teachers online via Zoom and Canvas Learning Management System.
- Students have 30-60 minutes of homework weekly.
- Group Size: 4-8.
- Greatly improve fraction calculation skills.
- Learn negative operations.
- Learn orders of operations.
- Learn using variables and expressions to solve word problems.
Math skills are critical for students' success in school. Contact us and learn from the best - ivyGoal!